I love baking these cookies with my little ones. I try and encourage them to be as independent as possible when baking. My six year old boy is a wonderful little baker.
These oatmeal cookies are a slightly healthier alternative to my chocolate chip cookies.
- 12oz of brown sugar.
- 6oz butter.
- 1 egg.
- 12oz of plain flour.
- 20oz of porridge oats.
- 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt.
How to make these lovely oatmeal cookies.
- Mix together the butter and sugar until nice and creamy.
- Add the egg and the vanilla essence.
- mix in the flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- Finally mix in the oats.
- You can either then pull of small amounts of the dough and roll them into balls, pressing them down on a greased baking tray. (However we decided to squash all of the ingredients into a large baking tray and cut them into pieces when they were cooked)
- Bake them at 165C for 14 minutes.
- Leave them to cool for 10 minutes.